We’re experts and innovators focused on solving challenges, embracing change and growing.
Our products optimize alloy processing.
Vibrantz is a global leader in the production of glasses used for hot extrusion of titanium and stainless steels for the aerospace, defense, oil and gas, and power plant industries. We specialize in metallurgical glass for extrusion and have developed a unique range of metallurgical frits used primarily for:
- Protecting against oxidation
- Providing lubrication
- Enhancing the surface finish in processes such as extrusion
In-house frit formulation expertise
Our innovation team can formulate custom frits to meet unique application requirements of extrusion shops.
Our full range of products optimize the processing of alloys such as nickel, specialty alloys, stainless steel, mild steel, high carbon steel and titanium.
Our products protect every part.
Designed for closed and open-die forging, extrusion and de-scaling operations, our ForgeOx® glass lubricant products enable the preform, or billet, to be coated at an ambient temperature. Mainly used in critical, high-precision markets like aerospace, commercial and medical, ForgeOx provides:
- Improved quality
- Surface improvement: By matching the flow of the glass to that of the metal, the glass encapsulates the part during numerous passes
- Minimized oxide layer growth
- Inhibited hydrogen pickup
- Cost savings
- Less energy needed to form a part, translating to longer die life
- Reduced need for reheating due to longer heat retention
- Eliminated expensive preheating in an inert or reducing atmosphere by providing a barrier between the work piece and the atmosphere
- Easy removal of scale for alloys where oxide growth occurs rapidly prior to glass fusing
For detailed information on our product solutions or to speak to our team of experts, complete the form below.