We’re experts and innovators focused on solving challenges, embracing change and growing.
Recent government initiatives to halt climate change, like the EV Acceleration Challenge in the U.S., which aligns with the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022 and Europe’s Clean Vehicles Directive, continue to impact vehicle electrification. Legislations like these are encouraging the manufacturing of cleaner vehicles around the world.
We often hear about the environmental benefits of electric vehicles (EVs) and appreciate their modern features. But what lies behind the seamless driving experience drawing consumers to purchase EVs?
While vehicles today showcase a range of technological advancement driven by sensors, EVs heavily rely on sensors to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and provide a luxury experience.
A closer look at EV sensors
EV sensors require capacitors to store energy passively until it is released on demand, ensuring a responsive power source for the intricate functionalities of EV systems.
A capacitor is composed of dielectric material sandwiched between two conductive plates. The dielectric material is an insulator that enhances capacitance and prevents the free flow of charges, ensuring that the stored energy remains stable and controlled. This neutralization enables efficient energy storage and plays a vital role in successful capacitor operation.
Your partner in electronic materials
As society embraces cleaner vehicle options, original equipment manufacturers must rely on dependable suppliers for high-performing materials. Vibrantz provides dielectric ceramic powders that offer competitive advantages, such as:
- Responsible environmental care – Our products are registration, evaluation, authorization and restriction of chemicals (REACH) and Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant.
- Quality assurance – Our accomplished engineering and quality teams deliver lot-to-lot consistency.
- Technical service resources – Our highly experienced technical service team is available for guidance and recommendations on choosing the optimal product to achieve the best possible outcomes for your specific applications.
- Research and development – Our global research and development team supports customers in designing next-generation electronics through highly engineered formulations and hands-on assistance.
- Vertically integrated supply chain – We create customized proprietary products with minimal disruptions in sourcing and obtaining raw materials.
“Our dielectric ceramic powders are essential for EVs, enabling sensors to do things like filter noise, control speed, regulate temperature, detect proximity to other vehicles and objects and much more. Capacitors are fundamental to EVs because they’re inherently full of electronic circuits.”–Katelyn Sanderson, Business development manager, electronic materials
The need for steadfast manufacturing partners has never been greater in today’s global manufacturing environment and markets. Vibrantz’s dielectric ceramic materials are a small, yet crucial piece of solving the broader sustainability challenge.
Contact our advanced materials team for more information on dielectric ceramic materials and our full range of electronic materials.